- Two Age Divisions: 5-13 (plastic bat) and 14+up (metal bat)
- The Competitive Division is played with outs and (modified) strikes
- Batters get 5 strikes. After the fourth strike, they have the option of receiving a soft toss or using the tee instead of another pitch. If the last pitch or soft toss is missed, however, the batter will be out.
- 3 outs or 5 runs in any given inning equals the change in field
- Although we will have volunteer support for players, this will be geared more towards safety and situational coaching, rather than one on one/hand over hand assistance. We ask that players wishing to play in this league be able to bat and field independently and follow directions to stay on task
- Helmets are required to be worn by batter and this is the only league where metal/wood bats are permitted
- Play is with a safety softball
*NOTE* – The MLAZ staff will determine the suitability/skill level for child to play at this level. They will discuss with parent if this league is appropriate for child; however, final determination rests solely with the MLAZ staff.
For a copy of the official competitive league guidelines, click Competitive League Rules and Guidelines